Who Can Help Me?
There is ALWAYS someone who can help you, whether you are thinking about suicide or someone has told you that they want to do it. If you feel that you can't talk to your family or someone close to you, and you need to reach out, others are ready and waiting for your call. You will find compassionate and caring help at any one of the following numbers. Please call and save a life.
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - Call 988,
Provides 24 hour crisis support for anyone. There is a dedicated veterans service as well as options for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention,
Has chapters in every state and each chapter is prepared to refer anyone to the counseling and care resources closest to their homes. Go to www.afsp.org and you will be directed to the chapter in your state.
- The Youth America Hotline 1-877-YOUTHLINE (877-968-8454),
Is counseling for teens by teens.
- The Veterans Crisis Hotline 1-877-VET2VET (877-838-2838),
Has trained mentor-counselors, all veterans, and a database of resources devoted to helping veterans in crisis.
- The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386,
Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender questioning young people.
- Trans Lifeline 1-877-565-8860
Provides 24/7/365 crisis response for transgender individuals facing discrimination of any kind. The line is manned by transgender specialists.
Nationwide - Available 24 hours
Maryland Crisis Hotline
Worcester County, Maryland
- The Worcester County Health Department 410-632-1100,
Whose Crisis Response Team is the county’s first responders, manned by licensed clinical social workers. The Health Department also provides psychiatric services and referrals to private healthcare practitioners.
- Worcester Youth and Family Counseling 410-641-4598,
In Berlin, Maryland, is a nonprofit counseling center that provides help for a wide range of social and psychiatric problems.
- Seaside Counseling and Wellness Center 410-213-7875
In Berlin, Maryland is a counseling center that provides ongoing appointments for a variety of issues.
Wicomico/Somerset Counties, Maryland
- Wicomico County Crisis Hotline (Salisbury) 410-749-4357
Maryland's Eastern Shore
- The Resource Guide to Mental Health Providers (pdf),
Is a comprehensive guide to both traditional mental health care professionals and to alternative therapies and services. It lists hundreds of practitioners in the Worcester, Wicomico and Somerset Counties.
- The First Step Youth Counseling Center in Baltimore,
Offers counseling for substance abuse issues in particular, but also for parenting problems, truancy, mental illness and suicide prevention. 410-521-3800
- The Baltimore Suicide Prevention Hotline 410-752-2272
- Baltimore County Crisis Response 410-931-2214
- The Grassroots Crisis Response Center,
Serves Howard County and central Maryland. The 24-hour line is 410-531-6677.
Other Maryland Crisis Hotlines
- Frederick County 1-800-695-5683
- Prince George’s County Hotline and Suicide Prevention Center
- Montgomery County Hotline 240-777-4000